Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Project 365: April 20, 2008

Blue-winged Teals

I spent 4-20 getting high on new birds!!

Sighted a red tailed hawk near Tampier Lake, then headed over to Renwick Nature Preserve to see the rookery, where herons and other wading birds nest. I saw Great Blue Herons and Double-crested Cormorants - new to my life list. I rounded out the afternoon with a stop at Lockport Prairie, where I saw these blue-winged teals.

The Great Blue Herons were pretty cool looking, so I'll share one more photo for their coolness:
Great Blue Herons

These were digiscoped with my Canon PowerShot A570IS. I'm still working on getting the hang of focusing between the scope and the camera, and I had forgotten the attachment to put my Rebel on the scope, which undoubtedly yields better results - though it is handy to be able to pop the camera off and look through the scope by itself at will.

No comments: