Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Project 365: Jan 1, 2008

My friend Deb has inspired me to give it a go at Project 365. Basically, you post one picture per day for a year. I imagine many of mine will be of birds (as I take pictures of birds pretty much every day anyway), but this will also give me a bit of a reason to snap photos of things other than my avian friends :)

Jan 1, 2008:
Jumping Female Cardinal!

Geronimooooooo!

This female Northern Cardinal is jumping off of my deck railing to the cedar feeder where the black oil sunflower seed is. She just started coming to my feeders this week, with her hubby and another male cardinal. The Northern Cardinal is the state bird of Illinois, and I had never seen a female before. I'm very happy to have them here! I think the female is just gorgeous, and of course the male is a stunning bird (as many male birds are).

I had to act quick to get this shot, and unfortunately the light was bad so my ISO was kicked way up, resulting in a very noisy photo - but still, the pose cracks me up and it's one of my favorite bird shots.

No comments: