Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Project 365: Jan 16, 2008

Bamboo BW

I shoulda pulled over for the virtual gift horse of a Project 365 moment that the universe handed me this morning. Apparently, others saw it too, including my friend Deb up in Toronto! There was a vertical piece of a rainbow peeking out next to a hole in the clouds a little after sunrise this morning. It was weird because it was at such a vertical angle that I couldn't imagine it being part of an actual rainbow. I tried to take 2 shots will driving, but once I started to veer off the road, I decided it wasn't a good idea. By the time I got to work, it was obscured behind trees at the angle I was at, and I didn't have time to drive around and get a shot. I need to get more ballsy about pulling over on the side of the road when I see something I want to shoot.

So, you get a picture of my bamboo instead. I couldn't decide between the color or the black and white edition, so you get the black and white edition because - hey, it's something different, right? This was taken with my ancient point n shoot, so it's pretty awful quality, but I was going for composition. It looks like I've got some dust on my lens or something, too.

At any rate, I kinda like the composition. It was either this, or a photo of my duck slippers. It was a pretty close call.

No comments: