Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Monday, June 9, 2008

Not a Canon photographer!





Found this on PostSecret today - Not from a Canon photographer, of course! :P j/k

While this made me laugh, it's also pretty scary. I mean, I'm sure it's true - and from what I've seen from some of the photographers out there, there are quite a few that are making a living at this and aren't very good at all. While that can be encouraging (in the "I can do better than THAT!" way), it also makes me wonder if the competition is even that much more fierce when people can so easily disguise themselves as "professionals" without a lick of talent or knowledge. How does an emerging photographer that truly wants to learn the ropes distinguish him or herself from the fakes?

By making great pictures, I guess.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: