Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

All Hail Epson!

All I can say is, WOW.

The Epson printer arrived today - earlier than I expected, as the FedEx tracking said it would be here by 7pm.

Setup went without a hitch. (I must admit a moment of fear just before plugging it into the power strip, hoping not to re-live my HP experience. Much to my delight - no problems whatsoever, even running through a power strip).

This printer is much more sturdy than the HP. The doors are solid and not flimsy - they feel like they could take a beating.

I ran my first print through it just now, and, WOW. It's gorgeous. That's all I can say! It's THE most accurate color representation from screen to print that I've ever seen come out of a printer - and that's with a monitor that's only software-calibrated! (I did use Photoshop color management and Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, as well as PhotoRPM mode in the printer and the appropriate paper/mode ICC profile from Epson). I'm beside myself at how accurately it reproduced this photo. I've got 2 other prints of this photo - one from my Canon and one from a printer at school (an older, less advanced Epson photo printer), and the R1900 wins hands down. They aren't even in the same ballpark, considering the sheen of the gloss or the color reproduction. It's just... Wow.

Label me a happy camper. Good riddance, HP!

I'm now going to try to go out and shoot some film for experimental class. Let's hope it doesn't rain on me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really, Epson printer is perfect. The color clarity is correct. But the ink will limits for 100 high quality color prints. When you make it simple it is good.

======================
peter
Epson T060