Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Friday, August 31, 2007

Howl at the Moon

Yep, more moon shots.

I was driving home tonight as saw the coolest red moon hanging low in the sky. I broke a few traffic laws to try and get home as fast as I could (hey, they're meant to be guidelines, right?), but couldn't get home fast enough to catch the wicked red shade. By the time I grabbed my camera and got outside, it was more yellowish than anything.

These shots were hand-held with my 70-300mm lens (which has image stabilization). To try and avoid the street lights, I drove down the road a bit and took these from a spot away from street lights. I was only a half mile or so from home, though, so there was still (sadly) plenty of skyline/ambient light. I thought it might help a bit with the noise to get away from the houses. It doesn't seem to have helped much.

On the ones colored au naturale, I increased the blacks one notch in Lightroom to counteract the noise. On the others, I left them unprocessed (except for cropping) and switched to grayscale mode.

This moon is waning gibbous with 86% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

moon083107-1

moon083107-2

moon083107-3

moon083107-6

No comments: