Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, September 30, 2007

First Shot at a Panorama

I had a thought yesterday at the lake - why not try taking a series of shots and test out the photo merge feature in Photoshop CS3? I wasn't in a good location to take a panorama, but figured what the heck - at least it would give me something to try with.

I remembered from reading somewhere that the best way to do it is to get one snap and check the settings, and if everything looks OK, switch to manual mode, using those settings, so that auto modes don't mess up one of your shots (like, auto focus changing, or auto white balance changing, etc). So I did that and fired off 5 overlapping shots.

And let me tell you... I thought CS3 was worth the price of admission for the Quick Select tool, but now after using the Photomerge feature under File - Automate - holy cow. CS3 is a must have!! It's practically one-click. Srsly.

The bad news is, I have discovered a mosquito bite on the palm of my hand from my adventures. Booo.

If the image below is too small for your taste, click for a larger one.

Lake Katherine Panorama

No comments: