Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Friday, October 5, 2007

Fixing Blown Out Skies

I was browsing through the DPS forums this evening and came across a super useful video tutorial on how to fix a blown out sky.

How ironic - I've got a photo with a blown out sky right in front of me! I think I'll try it!

(That's what I was thinking when I came across the tutorial). :)

Anyhooo it involves using a selective color mask to fix the highlights in the sky, and then applying one of three techniques to enhance the sky: a gradient, rendered clouds, or a cloud brush.

Here is one of my park bench shots from last weekend. (Yes, I realized after my post the other day that those park bench shots were a bit overexposed).

Before:
The full bench

After:
Red bench with sky fix

No comments: