Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Saturday, October 6, 2007

In-camera color settings

As I've been so interested in color management lately...

I was digging through my camera's menu this morning, checking to see how many shots I could shoot in RAW+Jpeg (not enough with a 2 gig memory card - gotta get me a 4 gig!), I saw that I was taking my photos in sRGB color mode.

A video I watched last night mentioned that sRGB is generally much too small of a color space for photographic work, and that Adobe 1998 is preferred. I've got Photoshop working in Adobe 1998, so I changed my camera to 1998. We'll see how today's shots came out.

In my photography class today, we shot around downtown Homewood, IL. I felt like a 5 year old, as I was drawn fairly exclusively to trains and fire trucks. :)

No comments: