Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Canon EOS Beginners' FAQ

Wow - there is a TON of useful information for us photo n00bs with Canon EOS cameras in this FAQ!

Canon EOS Beginners' FAQ by Photonotes.org

I was particularly interested to read the information on lens, as it provided a nice categorization of just about every Canon lens known to man. (Lens lists - scroll down a bit).

And finally, I know which Canon lenses are the "full frame" compatible lenses (the EF lenses, with the red dots). The "subframe" lenses are EF-S, with the white alignment dots. My uncle, who has been a professional photographer for probably just about as long as I've been alive (he'll kill me if he reads this for alluding to his age!), recommended that I invest in EF lenses rather than EF-S lenses, since the EF lenses will likely be compatible with full frame cameras of the future (which will become more ubiquitous as the full frame sensors become more affordable), whereas the EF-S lenses will not be compatible.

I'm glad to see that the 70-300 lens I bought is an EF lens! Whew! Lucky one there :)

No comments: