Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Thursday, July 26, 2007

They Accepted Me!

Dear Shelly (phlyersphan),

Welcome to iStockphoto.com, the designer's dirty little secret. Congratulations, the iStockphoto administrators have determined that your images are commercially and technically ready for iStockphoto.com."

Yay!

The application required 3 samples, none of which could come from their over-popular categories (like, flowers - which of course I have been taking a lot of pictures of!) I sent in my rubber duckie picture and butterfly, which were accepted right off the bat. I had trouble with the third photo.

I had submitted a night shot of a tiki torch with a palm tree in the background, but I hadn't looked carefully enough at it. Since I was hand-shooting at night, I used ISO800, and there was a lot of pixel noise in the dark shades in the full size of the image. D'oh! It looked so cool in the smaller size :) So, I submitted a flower, and flowers aren't allowed. So finally, I looked at my shot of the rock path from the NC State University Arboretum, and realized that it needed some blue flags photoshopped out of the top right corner. It took me a while to get it right - I'm way new to post-production. I pulled it off, though, because they accepted that photo as my third sample, and I'm ready to rock!

Time to upload those pics to my collection there! I'm excited :)

No comments: