Flickr

phlyersphan. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Crude attempt to fix the moon

Well, I've made a crude attempt to fix the moon. It's definitely not a keeper, but the practice is good for me. I need to pick up a book on post-production with Photoshop and Lightroom. I working with the trial of Lightroom right now, but I think I will end up buying it. I already have Photoshop, but it seems like overkill a lot of the time.

I converted the moon picture to grayscale, hoping that would get rid of the noise. It didn't, nor did noise reduction. So I filled the background with black. I lost a lot of detail in the moon in the process, and the outline looks a bit crude and unnatural. I'm sure there are better ways to fix this photo - I just haven't learned them yet!

I plan to take another shot at the moon ASAP, using a faster shutter speed.

moon_bw_ps

No comments: